Here's a Guide to Jersey Shore's Most Popular Beaches
Spanning 130 miles from Sandy Hook all the way to Cape May are some of New Jersey’s most gorgeous beaches. You’ll find many fun family things to do: play on sandy beaches, climb up classic lighthouses, feast your eyes on scenic views, stroll along beautiful boardwalks, get in touch with nature and experience unique events. Many of the beaches have FREE summer concerts and FREE special events. Each beach exit off the Garden State Parkway (GSP) offers a perfect day trip or getaway. Explore nearby attractions and you'll most likely find many other fun things to do around the area. Beach entry is free to all prior to Memorial Day and after Labor Day (unless specified) and most are free for kids under 5 and others are free for kids under 12. We have updated most daily admission fees.
Please check back as we will continue to update this guide for upcoming events this summer of 2022. Here are the Jersey Shore Beach Exits and their fees:
Exit 117 Sandy Hook (image above)
Sandy Hook is a 7-mile barrier stretch of sandy beaches at the North end of New Jersey with access to both the bay and the Atlantic ocean sides. Enjoy swimming, sunning, water sports, and surf casting. Nearby activities: Explore Gateway National Park at Sandy Hook, the Nike Missile Radar Site, Fort Hancock Museum, Sandy Hook Lighthouse. Sports activities: birding, biking, boating, canoeing, hiking; kayaking, and picnicking. Fees: Free admission to the beach. $20 daily parking/$50 oversized vehicles.
Exit 105 Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park (and Beach)
Monmouth County Park System's Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park is a 38-acre beach park offering families a great place to enjoy swimming, sunning, and beach fun. It has a snack bar, eating areas, changing area, and showers. Fees: $10 daily parking. There is a park fee. Children 17 and under are free. Other Activities: Tony's Place, a universal accessible playground. Skateplex offers skaters a skating bowl with ramps, floating ramps, planters, and steel rails. Walk along the beach all the way to Pier Village and enjoy the boutique shops and cafes. The kids will surely be entertained at the Pier Village Arcade, Boardwalk Fun N’ Games. Fun for all ages and skill levels featuring state of the art virtual reality games, skee ball, crane games and an abundance of skill and chance games to win points for redemption. Take a ride by the sea in the unique and imaginative iconic Carousel. With hotels right on the beach, this makes a perfect weekend getaway.
Exit 105 Long Branch Beach & Pier Village
Miles of sand at the public beaches at Long Branch NJ. Enjoy the sand, water, and surf. There are playgrounds at each of the 4 beach locations, Cottage, Great Lawn, Laird and Melrose. Lifeguards on duty, plenty of restrooms and concessions. Fees: $5 daily, $7 weekend and holidays, $3 daily for young adults 14-17. No beach fee for kids 13 & under, and for seniors 62 years and over. Disabled people are free. Attractions: Have some fun at Pier Village boardwalk with shops and restaurants, Merry Go Round. Boardwalk extends 8.2 miles out and back trail, offering scenic views. Trail is great for walking, running and biking.
- June 26, July 10, Long Branch Summer Concerts at Pier Village 2022
- June 26: Family Fun Nights in Long Branch at Pier Village
- July 4: 2022 Oceanfest at Long Branch
- July 4: Long Branch July 4th Festival with Fireworks 2022
- July 9: 6th Annual Battle On The Beach, 1-7pm
- July 23: Magic Shows in Long Branch at Pier Village, 1-2pm
- July 31: 2022 Cruise to the Jersey Shore Car Show
Exit 102 Bradley Beach
Bring the sand toys. Family friendly shore town with pristine beaches, perfect for swimming, surfing, and sunning. Lifeguards on duty. Fees: $12 daily. No beach fee for kids 12 & under. Boardwalk with free concerts and arts events. Nearby is Avon by the Sea, another fabulous family friendly beach.
- June 25: Summer Craft Fair, 10am-3pm
- July 10: Parkfest Bradley Beach, 11am-7pm
- August 19: Bradley Beach 5K
Exit 102 Ocean Grove
New Jersey's finest year-round family seashore resort with one square mile of natural beauty. Experience Ocean Grove’s eclectic main street with rows of colorful Victorian houses, quaint shops, arts and crafts shows, ice cream and cafes, and the giant flea market at the Great Auditorium. Fees: $5 daily. No beach badge fee for kids 11 & under.
- July 2: Ocean Grove July 4th Parade and Concert 2022
- July 15: Ocean Grove Summer Concerts at The Pier
Exit 98 Belmar
Clean, safe, fun, family friendly beaches at Belmar. Colorful and fun beach playgrounds every few blocks. Belmar's composite made no splinter boardwalk is ideal for walking, jogging, and relaxing. The beaches are cleaned and groomed every morning. Kids playgrounds at 4th, 8th, 12th & 16th Avenues. Fees: $10 daily. No beach fee for kids 15 & under.
- Free Movies Thursdays
- Belmar Farmer's Market Wednesdays, 4pm
Exit 98 Asbury Park
Asbury Park is a historic shore town known for miles of sand and water. The beaches here are for swimming, sunbathing, surfing, fishing, and people watching. The revitalized boardwalk is lined with shops, restaurants, arcades, cafes, mini-golf, and music. Lifeguards on duty. Fees: $6 daily weekday, $9 weekends and holidays. No beach fee for kids 12 & under. Attractions: Visit The Silver Ball Museum Arcade, houses vintage arcade games and pinball machines. Kids can get soaked at the Asbury Splash Park.
- Asbury Fresh Local Artisan and Farmers Market May through Nov
- July 11: Asbury Park Summer Concerts at Springwood Park
Exit 98 Spring Lake
Quiet and beautiful beach at Spring Lake. Children can play on the sand, build sand castles, and enjoy the water. There are no playgrounds. Non-commercial boardwalk where families can go for a gentle stroll. No coolers are allowed on the beach. Spring Lake is a quaint town with Victorian mansions, bed and breakfasts, cute shops and restaurants. Food, outdoor showers, and restrooms. Fees: $12 daily. No beach fee for kids 5 & under.
- Wednesdays: Spring Lake Summer Concerts 2022
- July 10: Music in the Park: Spring Lake Park
- July 22: Concert at the Lake
- Sept 24: Italian Festival/Art Walk
Exit 98 Point Pleasant
Point Pleasant has a mile long white sand beach and is fun for the whole family. Bring your beach chairs and play in the water or relax on the beach. Swim in life guarded areas. Visit Jenkinson’s boardwalk for rides, games, and sweet shops. Play miniature golf or explore Jenkinson’s Aquarium. Jenkinson's Fees: $4 daily for children 5-11/$5 weekends and holidays, No beach fee for kids 4 & under.
- July 21: Beach Party Art Festival, 4-8pm
- July 27: Christmas in July
- August 10: Princess Palooza, 7-8pm
- Wednesdays: Grandparent Wednesdays @ Jenkinson's Boardwalk, 12-6pm
- Free Movies in Belmar On Belmar Beach 2022
- Fridays: Princess Storytime, 2-2:30pm
- Sept 17: 44th Annual Festival of the Sea, 10am-7pm
Exit 98 Manasquan
Manasquan is home beautiful beaches. Families can swim, sun, relax, and surf. Popular beaches include: Elks Beach, Main Beach, Brielle Road Beach and Inlet Beach. Elks Beach in Manasquan offers beach access to guests who need special assistance or have physical disabilities with special needs. There are 5 surf chairs available for use and is free for handicapped guests or those with physical challenges to access the beach. Inlet Beach offers surfing year round. Lifeguards are on duty. Fees: $10 daily.
- Saturdays & Sundays: Boat Tours of the Manasquan Reservoir
- Manasquan Summer Concerts at Main Beach 2022, Thursdays
- July 9: Bike Crawl 2022
- July 15: MSDF Summer Classic Cruise Night
- August 7: Berry Festival
- August 27: Manasquan summerfest
Exit 89 Bricktown
Brick Township operates three ocean beaches and one riverfront beach at Windward Beach Park. Clean, family friendly beaches with easy parking, snack bar, bathrooms, and lifeguards. Fees: $10 daily. No beach fee for kids 12 & under, and for seniors 65 years and over.
- August 9: 2022 Brick & Central's Summertime Carnival
- August 20: Kids Day @ Eagle Point Beach
- September 17: 2022 Brick Township Kite Festival
- Fridays: Free Movies in Brick at the Park
- Saturdays: 2022 Brick Farmers Market
Exit 82 Seaside Heights
The Jersey Shore comes alive at Seaside Heights. 15 blocks of award winning beach with soft white sand. Swim in the ocean when life guards are on duty. Attractions: Boardwalk, Casino Pier, Breakwater Beach Waterpark, Concerts, Special Events. Nearby beaches include Ortley and Lavalette, both are family friendly beaches with little beach towns. Fees: $8 daily, $35 weeklyNo . beach tag fee for kids 11 & under. Access to the Bay Beach is FREE every day for all.
- June 26-29: International Sand Sculpting Competition
- July 5, 19, 26, August 2, 9, 23: Kites in the Heights in Seaside Heights 2022
- July 5: 2 For 1 Beach Day in Seaside Heights 2022
- July 5: Splash with the Mermaids at the Waterpark
- July 11-14: Canine Stars Dog Stunt Show on Pier Stage
- July 13: Mommy & Me Paint Days
- July 18: Seaside Heights Summer Concerts on the Franklin Avenue Stage 2022
- July 26, August 23: Dog Royalty Days
- August 6: 2022 Arts & Crafts By the Sea in Seaside Heights
- August 27: Seaside Summer Freestyle Fest with TKA, Rob Base, Judy Torres, C&C Music Factory
- September 5: Wine on the Beach Festival
- September 17: Que By the Sea BBQ Festival and Crafters, 12-8pm
- September 24: Rock the Farm Festival
- October 8-9: Italian Festival
Exit 98 or 82 to Lavalette and Ortley Beaches
Lavalette and Ortley both are family friendly beaches with little beach towns, perfect to escape the crowds of Seaside Heights and Point Pleasant. Lavalette is one of the nicest beach communities on the Barnegat Peninsula. You'll find a quaint beach town away from the hustle of the larger beaches with commercial boardwalks. Enjoy a stroll through its mile long non-commercial boardwalk, and ready access to the ocean beach and the Barnegat Bay Shoreline. It's a small beach town with plenty of places to shops and eat in town. The beach meets the bay within 2-4 blocks depending on where you are. Next town over is Ortley Beach, an unincorporated community located within Toms River. It's a nice, clean beach, less fancy than its neighboring Lavalette but still has much of the same charm. The Surf Club beach has snack bars, showers and there is a great playground on the bay side. Lavalette Fees: $12 daily. Children 11 years and under are free. Ortley Fees: $11 daily, Children 12 years and under are free.
- June 25: Kickoff to Summer Food Truck Festival & 5K, 3-9pm
- Sundays: Lavallette Summer Concert Series
Exit 63 Long Beach Island
Long Beach Island or LBI encompasses 18 miles of beach fun with 6 unique towns: Barnegat Light, Beach Haven, Harvey Cedars, Long Beach Township, Ship Bottom and Surf City. Things to do: beach, sunning, water sports, fishing, bicycling, boating, kayaking, walking, and exploring. Attractions for kids: Thundering Surf Water Park, Mini Golf at Jen's Links, Fantasy Island Amusement Park. Fees vary for each beach, averaging $10.
- Fire Pit Friday Concerts @ Long Beach
- Sundays: Long Beach Summer Concerts at 68th St Beach 2022
- Mondays: Summer Concert Series at Barnegat Light
- July 2: Craft Day by the Bay at Harvey Cedars
- July 6: Barnegat Bay Day, 12:30-3:30pm
- July 10: Viking Village Art & Craft Show at Barnegat Light
- July 17: 35th Annual Harvey Cedars Art Festival
- August 6: LBI Craft market
- August 10: PJ Party at the Park, Long Beach
- August 20: Beachfest Craft Market at Beach Haven
- August 21: Dog Day Race at Harvey Cedars
- October 7: 8th Annual LBI FLY International Kite Festival at Ship Bottom
- Mondays: Movie Mondays @ Long Beach
Exit 40 Brigantine
Relax on pristine white sandy beaches at Brigantine Beach. Go swimming in the ocean, try sport fishing or windsurfing. Lifeguards on duty. Attractions: Shark Park Playground, Marine Mammal Stranding Center, Brigantine Lighthouse and Brigantine Beach Historical Museum. Fees: $10 daily. No Beach Tag fee for kids 11 & under and. for seniors 65 years and over.
- July 30: Brigantine Seafood Fest,Brigantine nj — Steve Moore & The MIA Band
Exit 36 Margate
Life Guarded beaches where families can spend a relaxing day. Clean and family friendly beach. Enjoy watersports, including paddle-boarding, jet skiing, fishing and boating. Attractions: Visit Lucy The Elephant, a national historical landmark six stories high. Children 11 and under are free
- June 25: Beach Stock 2022 at Margate, 8am-10pm
- July 7-8: Free Beach Days in Margate 2022
Exit 30 Ocean City
The beaches at Ocean City New Jersey are perfect for families and kids of all ages. You can't go wrong with 8 miles of white sandy beaches. Enjoy the waves, sun, and sand. Lifeguards on duty. Fees: $5 daily, $10 weekly. No beach fee for kids 11 & under. Attractions: Gillian’s Wonderland Pier Amusement Park, Playland’s Castaway Cove, Boardwalk Adventures Water Park, arcades, boardwalk, and mini-golf.
- June 29: “Broadway on the OC Boardwalk”, 7:30pm
- June 30: Super Hero Scavenger Hunt
- Tuesdays: Funtastic Tuesdays in Ocean City 2022, 2-5pm
- Wednesdays: Ocean City Wacky Wednesdays, 10:30-11:30am
- July 3: Ocean City Concerts at Carey Stadium
- July 4: Ocean City July 4th Bike Parade 2022
- July 7: Market Days in Ocean City
- July 7, 14, 28, August 4, 11, 18, 25: Family Nights in Ocean City 2022
- July 23: Night in Venice
- August 5: Boardwalk Art Show, 10am-8pm
Exit 17 Sea Isle City
There are all types of beaches at Sea Isle City: bathing beaches, catamaran and sailboat launching beaches, kayaking beaches, kiteboarding beaches, rafting beaches, surf-fishing beaches, and volleyball beaches. Fees: $5 daily, $10 weekly. No beach tag fee for kids 11 & under. Free on Wednesdays. Activities: biking and inline skating, sailing lessons, family fun nights and family dance parties at Excursion Park.
- June 25, August 26: Sea Isle City Food Truck Festival — Bake'n Bacon
- June 28: Sara the Turtle Festival in Sea Isle City at Excursion Park 2022
- July 11: Family Fun Night in Sea Isle City at Excursion Park
- July 2,16, August 6, 27: Sea Isle City Concerts at Excursion Park
- July 22: Carnival By the Sea in Sea Isle City at Excursion Park
- August 26: Sea Isle City Food Truck Festivals
Exit 11 Atlantic City
FREE beach access to Atlantic City beaches. No badges required. Spend a day having fun playing in the water or walking in the sand. Explore Atlantic City's Boardwalk and salt water taffy shops. Enjoy beach activities, swimming, surfing, boogie boarding, kayaking, windsurfing, and fishing. Attractions: Abescon Lighthouse, Atlantic City Aquarium, Ripley's Believe It or Not, Steel Pier amusement center, Outlet Shopping
- June 24-26: Atlantic City Seafood and Music Festival
- Ventnor City Summer Concerts at Ski Beach 2022, Wednesdays 5-9pm
- July 16-17: 2022 Atlantic City Vegan Food Festival
- September 17: Atlantic City Jazz Festival
Exit 10A Stone Harbor
Flanked by the Atlantic Ocean on the East and the Inter-coastal Waterway on the west, Stone Harbor is known as Seven Mile Island and has endless beautiful, family beaches. Swimming, rafts, and surfboards are permitted on select beaches. Fees: $8 daily, $17 weekly.
- July 30-31: Stone Harbor Festival of Lights — Bake'n Bacon
- July 15: Crabulous Crab Day...with a Turtle Twist! @ Wetlands Institute
- July 25: Santa Visits His Summer Home!
- July 31, August 26: Dog Days of Summer
- Sundays: Stone Harbor Farmers Market
Exit 4B Wildwood
FREE access to 5 miles of clean and safe Wildwood beaches. No badge fee required. Voted one of the top New Jersey beaches, Wildwood has so much to do for families and kids. You've got wide white powder beaches, perfect for swimming, sun bathing, playing, and relaxing. Swim in life guarded beaches. Attractions: Morey’s Piers and Beachfront Water Parks, Surfside Pier, Mariner's Landing, Adventure Pier, Raging Waters Waterpark, Doo Wop Experience Museum.
- June 25: Wings & Things Arts and Craft Festival
- June 30: Anglesea Night Market and Food Truck Fest
- July 2: Boardwalk Craft Show
- July 8: Wildwood Crest Sand Sculpting Festival
- July 8: New Jersey State Barbecue Championship
- July 8: NJ State BBQ Championship & Anglesea Blues Festival
- July 9-10, Battle on the Beach Flag Football Tournament, Morey's Pier & Beachfront Water Parks
- July 23: Christmas in July
- July 23: North Wildwood Christmas in July with Santa Claus
- July 27: Wildwoods Baby Parade
- August 14: 2022 SID/Wildwood Boardwalk Craft Show
- Sept 9-11: Fall Beach Jam
- Sept 22: Irish Weekend
Exit 0 Cape May
Located at the southern tip of Cape May Peninsula where the Delaware Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean, Cape May is a perfect destination for families. There miles of beautiful clean powdery beaches. Go swimming near life guard stations. Fees: $8 daily. No beach tag fee for kids 11 & under. Walk along the Cape May Promenade. Attractions: Cape May County Park and Zoo, Nature Center of Cape May, Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum at Cape May Airport, Cape May Lighthouse.
- June 30, July 21, August 11: Nighttime on the Beach
- July 9-10, August 20: Cape May City Promenade Arts and Crafts Show
- July 30: Ultimate Beach Frisbee Tournament
Where are the boardwalks? See our Guide to the top NJ Boardwalks that are perfect for families and kids.
Check out Things To do this month.