Things to Do in Monmouth County
Monmouth County is the start of the Jersey Shore but beaches are just the tip if the iceberg when it comes to fun things to do. From arcades and rides to trampoline fun, historical sites, and shopping, there are so many different attractions worth a visit for kids of all ages.
- iPlay America is New Jersey's premier indoor-theme park located in Freehold Township. Coming Memorial Day, new attractions include the all-new Freedom Rider spinning coaster and the largest indoor high-ropes course in New Jersey.
110 Schanck Road, Freehold; 732-577-8200
- Monster Mini Golf - Family fun entertainment, mini golf, arcades and more.
749 Hope Road, Eatontown; 732-544-2200.
- Monmouth Park Race Track offers excitement for the whole family from thoroughbred racing to family fun days with pony rides. They also have two 18 hole mini golf courses to play. 175 Oceanport Avenue Oceanport; 732-222-5100.
- Air Trampoline - One of New Jersey's largest trampoline parks with a brand new facility. 111 Rt. 35 South & County Rd. Cliffwood; 732-538-3000
- Old Bridge Township Raceway Park - Drag racing, road course, motocross, karting, thrill shows, and events.230 Pension Road, Englishtown; 732-446-7800.
- Pier Village – Located steps from the beach, they have a charming boardwalk lined with restaurants, unique shopping venues and boutiques. Check their calendar for one of the many kid friendly activities. One Chelsea Avenue, Long Branch; 732-923-0100
- Monmouth Museum – There are 2 galleries with rotating art exhibits to explore. They also have a hands on area called the Wonder Wing specifically designed for the 6 and under crowd. The Becker Children’s Wing is designed as a comfortable, hands-on learning environment for children ages 7 to 12. 765 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft; 732-747-2266.
- Fun Time America - Carnival rides, laser tag, arts and crafts studio, and high-tech video games. New Location: 269 Route 35 North Eatontown; 732-583-4600/
- Keansburg Amusement Park& Runaway Rapids Water Park State of the art water park. Dozens of unique rides and games of skill. 2,500 foot fishing pier, and free beach admission. 275 Beachway; Keansburg; 732-495-1400
- Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park Ocean – They offer open jump, a SkySlam court, Ultimate Dodgeball and the Foam Zone. Check the website for class schedules for Skyrobics and Toddler Time. For just about any age, shape or size, Sky Zone Ocean is the ultimate 3-D play experience. 2355 State Highway 35, Ocean; 732-200-4344
- PNC Bank Arts Center - Live music concerts & festival events throughout the summer in an amphitheater experience. Exit 116, Garden State Parkway, Holmdel; 732-203-2500
- Silver Ball Museum This museum showcases pinball machines manufactured between 1933 and 1979 that you can play and enjoy. 639 Cookman Ave, Asbury Park; 732-774-4994
- Gateway National Recreation Center & Sandy Hook Lighthouse Come visit the home of Fort Hancock, Nike Missile Base, and a multitude of outdoor attractions including ocean and bay beaches, bird sanctuary, nature trail, and a 5.5 mile long paved path. Route 36, Highlands; 732-872-5970
- Twin Lights Historic Site - The Twin Lights Museum has completely transformed with a top-to-bottom renovation and the opening of its new exhibit, “Seeing Stars: Every Flag Tells a Story.” Lighthouse Road, Highlands; 732-842-1814
- YESTERcades is a gaming experience straight out of the Golden Age of Gaming. With a variety of arcade video games from Space Invaders and Pac-Man, to Street Fighter and NBA Jam, and even classic pinball machines, they offer classic and modern consoles for your gaming pleasure. 80 Broad St, Red Bank; 732-383-7873