Summer Family Thursdays and Fridays at The Newark Museum of Art
Visit the Newark Museum of Art during their special summer Thursdays and Fridays set aside for families. Enjoy a day of fun activities ranging from art and science, including MakerSPACE, Family Drop-Ins and Planetarium Shows. Here’s the August 2022 schedule:
Summer Family Thursdays & Fridays from 10am-5pm.
- Friday, July 15, 10am–5pm
- Thursday, July 21, 10am–5pm
- Friday, July 22, 10am–5pm
- Thursday, July 28, 10am–5pm
- Friday, July 29, 10am–5pm
- Thursday, August 4, 10am–5pm
- Friday, August 5, 10am–5pm
- Thursday, August 11, 10am–5pm
- Friday, August 12, 10am–5pm
- Thursday, August 18, 10am–5pm
- Friday, August 19, 10am–5pm
Family Drop-In Activities - Art
- July 14 & 15 | Bring all the Jazz greats together in a photo collage using an easy photo transfer technique!
- July 21 & 22 | Make a travel-size wallet or bag with Tyvek and duct tape, and use it all summer long!
- July 28 & 29 | Design your very own mixed monochromatic media sculpture inspired by Louise Nevelson.
- August 4 & 5 | Party all summer with your own percussion instrument.
- August 11 & 12 | Let the sun be your paintbrush! Make sun prints with found objects. Feel free to bring your own little trinkets to design with.
- August 18 & 19 | Paint small landscapes inspired by the travelers in our Seeing America galleries.
Family Drop-In Activities - Science
- July 14 & 15 | Get your hands dirty as you dissect (sanitized) owl pellets*and learn about the predators, their prey, and the different bones you can find in animals’ bodies. * No owls are harmed in the collection of owl pellets. Potential Allergies: Owl pellets contain actual animal fur and bones
- July 21 & 22 | Learn about gravity and orbits as you experiment with a 3D representation of space called a gravity well.
- July 28 & 29 | Channel your inner Georgia O’Keeffe as you create take-home flowers utilizing the properties of chromatography to color your petals.
- August 4 & 5 | Join us for an inquiry exploration of surface tension and learn about how liquids react when dripped on the surface of a penny.
- August 11 & 12 | Join us as we sift through authentic fossil matrix, IDing different types, and even getting to bring home your own real fossil!
- August 18 & 19 | Is Oobleck a solid, a liquid? Experiment with the properties of a non-Newtonian substance after making your very own example of it.
Reserve Tickets Online: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/general-admission-tickets-154032034963
Join the community before bedtime to enjoy a story or two read by a special guest reader every Friday night! Kids ages 0-100 are invited to come in...
604 Boulevard, Kenilworth, NJ
Every Friday from Aug 12, 2022 to Dec 30, 2022, 7:30pm-8pm
Every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. the indoor Stangl Factory Farmers Market brings you the freshest local, seasonal foods. Organic produce,...
Stangl Factory, Stangl Road, Flemington, NJ
Every Saturday from Aug 12, 2022 to Apr 30, 2023, 9am-12am
Grandparents ride & play free with paying child at Jenkinson\'s Amusement Park, Castaway Cove Mini Golf and Lighthouse Point Mini Golf! *One...
Jenkinsons' Boardwalk, NJ
Every Wednesday from Aug 12, 2022 to Aug 31, 2022, 12pm-6pm
The interactive Harry Potter virtual reality experiences – “Chaos at Hogwarts” and “Wizards Take Flight” can be experienced exclusively at the Harry...
Harry Potter New York, 935 Broadway, New York, NY 10010, USA
Every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from Aug 12, 2022 to Sep 12, 2022, 9am-9pm
You May be Interested in This
Flip the Latest Edition of NJ KIDS ON THE GO! ebook
NJ KIDS ebook! Flip through the latest edition: featuring Summer programs as well as other…
by NJ Kids
The Best Festivals and Fairs in New Jersey this August
Summer Fun With the Kids August is here and it's still plenty hot outside with lots of summer left!…
by NJ Kids
Explore the Best Lighthouses in New Jersey
A Visit to a Lighthouse Makes a Perfect Day Trip Lighthouses protect our coasts and help guide…
by NJ Kids