Do you make your bed every day? The dynamic with bed making is very interesting as some are adamant that the bed be made as soon as their feet hit the ground while others vehemently believe that making the bed is a gross waste of time and energy. Believe it or not, there are a lot of benefits to making your bed each day and those benefits also in include helping you to live a more organized life. Strange, but true, statistics say making your bed every day allows your brain to start functioning in an organized manner. You are accomplishing a goal immediately as you rise, and it will set the tone for the rest of your day. I personally enjoy making my bed every day simply because it makes the room look so much nicer.
If that weren’t enough, there is also a connection to happiness; it makes us feel more "on top of things" and more organized which probably bleeds into other parts of our lives. Could it be this ritual gives you the feeling that if you can stop and do that one small thing that may seem tedious, you can take the time for other organizational tasks you might be inclined to put off? You will realize it's not so bad to just do it, and it takes a mere minute or two. Far less time than is spent on a social media site like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest and even less time than is spent sitting through commercials or even fast forwarding through them. Not to mention it is a much more inviting place at the end of each day.
11 benefits of making your bed
- It gives you a sense of accomplishment first thing every morning. You completed a small task that sets you up for a productive day and you have an aesthetically pleasing place to return to at the end of it.
- It's a great habit to model for your children who should also make their beds.
- It's a great way to show off your bedding, which you probably paid good money for.
- When you regularly make your bed, you develop a routine of discipline that will spill over into other areas of your life.
- Making your bed prepares you for a reward. You see, once you pull back the covers you give yourself the present of a well made bed. If you fail to make your bed, then all you have is a jumbled mess that leaves you with no surprise.
- It creates a calm, less chaotic environment.
- It prevents dust and dirt from getting under the covers.
- A made bed provides a great surface for folding laundry or other tasks.
- It instantly de-clutters your room, even if there is a bunch of clutter in the closet and under the bed.
- If your bed is not made, it easier to slip back into bed when you feel drowsy during the day.
- It doubles as a couch. Arrange your bed so that your pillows are in the middle of the bed for back support.
Have a Neat day!
Neat as a Pin Organizing Experts