Valentine’s Day may be over until next year (and, let’s be honest, am I the only one who has already finished that box of chocolate already?) but personally, I was so inspired by the hugs, kisses, and homemade cards, I decided to jot down the top things I love about being a mom – just in case I ever have one of those moments when I’m questioning my maternal decision.
The Top 10 Things I Love About Being A Mom….
- The little hand that slips into mine as we walk down the street.
- The infectious, wiggly giggle when I tickle that spot under her chin.
- Snuggling at bedtime.
- Family dinners that last more than 5 minutes when everyone eats and everyone sits and everyone actually talks.
- The happy squeals, the cheerful singing, the beautiful laughter, even the mess of three children playing and sharing, and no arguments to referee.
- The ‘just because’ hugs, and the goodnight kisses.
- The compliments from others about how respectful, and polite and considerate they are.
- Being called a supermom simply because I knew exactly where the favorite lost toy was located.
- Exploring new places and visiting old ones – and seeing the wonder and excitement in my children’s eyes.
- Watching them asleep.
By Jenny Tananbaum. Jenny Tananbaum is a writer, wife and mom to three. email@example.com