Dinosaur Day is May 5 from 12:00 pm – 4:30 pm this year!
Every year, for the past 6 years, Newark Museum plans one of its biggest kids event, "Dinosaur Day"! This is the 6th installment of Dinosaur Day at the Newark Museum and each year the event adds more and more educational and fun activities for kids and all those dinosaur lovers. You can certainly spend a good part of the day there with all the interactive activities lined up.
- It all starts with a 15’ interactive T-Rex courtesy of Field Station: Dinosaurs accompanied by the Dinosaur Troubadour singing songs that everyone will want to join in.
- Bill Robinson is back with his live animal shows which include birds, snakes and other reptiles.
- There will be geological demonstrations provided by scientists from Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, the New Jersey Paleontological Society and the American Museum of Natural History.
- The Tsunami Tank is back as is the specimen touch table and Geo Treasure hunt.
- Step inside the Hurricane simulator and experience winds up to 70 miles per hour.
- This year Nickelodeon character Diego joins the fun and will be available for photo-ops with you and your kids.
- For lunch, be sure to try one of Dinosaur BBQ’s mouth watering treats which include pulled pork and chicken sliders.
- There will be face painting, Dinosaur Origami, Planetarium shows and a whole lot more on Sunday, May 5.
This year, Diego will be there too!
There's on-site parking but arrive early as this popular event gets booked up. Visit www.newarkmuseum.org.