NJ Kids received this press release from our friends at Woodloch Pines Resort, located just a few hours from NJ (depending on where of course you are in Jersey). This is a great get-away escape for 1, 2 days or even a week! In case you needed some ideas, this is a great one for those who just want to kick back and relax. They have discounted summer rates for an all inclusive stay. We stayed there this past spring break, and the kids just can't wait to come back. Here's what's going on at Woodloch:
Woodloch Pines Resort Draws Bulls-Eye for Family Travel:
New Archery Program and More Launch at Award-Winning Pocono Vacation Destination
With summer just around the corner, the grounds at Woodloch Pines Resort in Hawley, PA will be teeming with families and friends celebrating their long awaited vacations. Just like clockwork, this all-inclusive family resort and its summer staff of nearly 1,000 swing into action, prepared to make this summer the best one yet. With over 18 hours of entertainment and 30 activities offered each day, there is never a shortage of things to do at Woodloch, but this summer stands to be more memorable than ever.
Debuting this summer, guests can look forward to:
- An all-new archery range against a scenic Pocono Mountain backdrop
- Brand new Kid’s Club Room dedicated to children 12 and under which will host daily arts and crafts, story time, and organized kids games
- “Precisely Right”- a game show-style event based on consumer knowledge in which families and friends will have the chance to win a free vacation
- “Take the Cake”- a team versus team event that has “bakeries” competing in both resource management and creativity all under time constraints
- A Toy Box Carnival featuring games of skill and chance based on favorite toys from the past 50 years
- A weekly 55th Anniversary Party featuring dance contests, limbo, trivia and a scavenger hunt known as ONYA
- Outdoor concerts and festivals featuring live entertainment
- All-new variations of their already famous Summer Olympics, Scavenger Hunt and Pool Games
2013 marks the 55th year of business for Woodloch Pines Resort. Although the resort had humble beginnings with just a few cabins and a single lodge, complacency has never been an option. "We have some very active guests," says Social Director Joey Ranner. "Each year, they want to know what is new and what is next. Our loyal guests who have created strong bonds and friendships with other returning guests always want to be in-the-know."
With over 40,000 guests visiting each year, keeping everyone entertained seems like a tall order. Yet this all-inclusive family resort continues to prevail. In fact, Woodloch Pines was recently selected by TripAdvisor as the second best large hotel for families in the United States.
"Our staff has always made the difference,” says John Kiesendahl, Woodloch’s President and CEO. "Lots of places have great food, beautiful grounds and clean accommodations, but we believe the human element of our business sets us apart from our competitors. Our employees are our most valuable assets that make our guests feel right at home."
The summer season kicks off Memorial Day weekend at Woodloch Pines Resort in Hawley, PA. Summer rates start at $180 per adult, per night. To obtain more information or to book a stay, please visit Woodloch, or call 1-800-Woodloch.
About Woodloch Pines Resort:
Creating a magical experience for families since 1958, Woodloch Pines Resort’s signature warm hospitality keeps guests returning year after year and offers a truly unique all-inclusive family vacation experience fitting for everyone’s taste. An award-winning family resort, championship golf course and sister property featuring a luxury destination spa are just 95 scenic and convenient miles from New York City nestled in the Pocono Mountains Lake Region.