Pingrys Big Blue Summer with Extensive New Offerings
Summer preparations are well underway at The Pingry School, with campuses in Short Hills and Basking Ridge. The Big Blue Summer Signature Programs match the reputation of Pingry’s commitment to academic excellence, individual growth, and top-notch athletics, providing the opportunity to take chances and make lifelong memories. Whether in the classroom, the playing field, the stage, or the pool, the Big Blue Summer program cultivates each child’s individuality and aims to inspire him or her every day. Designed and operated by Pingry faculty and staff, these programs give campers the opportunity to experience a taste of the Pingry school year in a summer setting.
Every year, Pingry expands the diversity and scope of its summer programs. The focus for 2017 is twofold: broadening our Outdoor Education program, and introducing our 8 brand new, state-of-the-art squash courts!
Tina Rix is at the helm of our new Pingry Squash Club, offering all-year competitive squash play, clinics, and summer camps. Whether you are a newbie or a seasoned pro, Pingry has the squash experience for you! Introducing the 2-week Pingry Squash Academy for our current Pingry community and Team Players and 7 additional weeks of Summer Squash Camp!
There are many exciting nature-based programs in the works for Summer 2017. Many may not know that the Pingry’s Basking Ridge Campus resides on 200 acres of beautiful land including, forest, fields, a pond, and wetlands. You can experience our gifted nature leaders by going on a guided hike, working in our garden, learning in our outdoor classroom, studying rare birds that live in our forest, tracking the Pingry wildlife on our night vision cameras, and, if you love camping: sleeping over at the Pingry Campsite!
The Pingry summer experience is your one-stop family shop with programs geared to 3 years of age all the way up to 17! Enjoy our 11 weeks of Hi-Tech camp, 6 weeks of Pingry Academic offerings, 7 weeks of Performing Arts Camp, 2 weeks of Travel Camp, 11 weeks Specialty Sports Camps, and 7 weeks of Big Blue Summer Day Camp which includes lunch and swim lessons, and the ever-popular Big Blue Summer Mini’s camp! Not to mention over 10 partnership camps!
2017 Pingry Summer Auxiliary Program - 10 Facts
- 9 Signature Pingry Programs and 8 Pingry Summer Partners = one fun filled summer of diverse offerings!
- 11 weeks of Squash camp in our brand new, state-of-the-art, 8 squash courts!
- 7 different partner sports camps, including field hockey, baseball, lacrosse, basketball, soccer, softball, volleyball, squash and many more!
- Yankee Baseball Camp at Pingry! Learn from baseball's best - take a tour of Yankee Stadium -meet a current player!
- 9 weeks of Hi-Tech camp - over 25 different opportunities to study computer science, engineering and entrepreneurship skills. Grades K-8th!
- Big Blue Minis caters to our youngest campers, half and full day options at both our Short Hills and Basking Ridge Campuses. Ages 3-5!
- 30+ Pingry Academic Summer Offerings over 6 weeks for students ranging from K-12th grade!
- Our Camps run with a 1 counselor per 5 campers on land and 1 swim instructor to 3 campers in the pool!
- Delicious lunches provided by Sage Dining Services using Pingry kitchens and locally-sourced ingredients!
- Personalized summer plans possible including extended day options with before and after care!
Visit us at https://www.pingry.org/utility-summer-camps and see all we have to offer your family for a fun-filled, educational, diverse summer! Please join us at our upcoming Open House on April 2, 2017, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on the Basking Ridge campus, and see why Pingry is the perfect place for your child in summer 2017!