We work with individuals with a broad spectrum of developmental and physical disabilities, and life challenges.
Our participants include those with:
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Cerebral palsy
- Developmental delays
- Mental health challenges
- Visual and hearing impairments
- Traumatic brain injury
- Learning Differences
- Life-limiting or life-threatening diseases
Pony Power programming is open to those who need more support or different programming options than traditional equestrian centers offer. There is no need for proof of a medical diagnosis, a doctor’s prescription or an individualized education program (IEP)
Our programs include:
- Therapeutic horseback riding
- Horse care and horse handling
- Garden-based learning
- Outdoor exploration for babies
Pony Power works with individual families, school groups and organizations. There are multiple ways to become involved:
Click here to learn more about riding and non-riding programs for individuals
Click here to learn about programs for schools and organizations
Click here to support Pony Power through a donation
Eligibility Requirements for Therapeutic Riding
- Participants must be at least 2.5 years old. There is no maximum age.
- Participants must be cleared medically to participate and considered safe and appropriate for the activity by Pony Power staff.
- Participants interested in riding must meet height and weight guidelines as determined by Pony Power staff.
- Parents/guardians/caregivers must stay on site during individual lessons