We asked our NJ Kids Readers on Facebook where a fun NJ place to visit would be. The overall response favored 1st place Point Pleasant, 2nd place Wildwood and 3rd place Cape May. Check out the fabulous places below.
1. Point Pleasant - Exciting family and kid friendly activities. Great clean beach to sit and relax. Famous mile long Jenkinsons Boardwalk and Aquarium. Plenty of arcade games, amusement rides, food and musical entertainment. Exit 98 off the Garden State Parkway. Point Pleasant NJ. 732-899-2424.
2. Wildwood - The place to be for kids at the Jersey Shore. 5 miles of free public beaches. Build sand castles, boogie board or swim in the ocean. 2 miles of an action packed Wildwood Boardwalk. Morey’s Piers with 3 amusement parks, over 100 rides and attractions. Fun all around. Wildwood NJ. 1-800-992-9732.
3. Cape May - Quaint family seaside resort area of the Jersey Shore with pristine beaches and a lovely promenade. Lifeguards on duty at beaches until 5:30PM. Cape May Zoo, Cape May Lighthouse and Nature Center at Cape May are nearby attractions and great for kids. Exit 0 on the Garden State Parkway. Cape May NJ. 609-884-9522.
4. Ocean City - Stroll Jersey Shore’s Family friendly beach and boardwalk. Something to do for children of all ages. 8 miles of white fine sand. Play arcade games or catch some rides at Gillian’s Wonderland Pier. Plenty of miniature golf courses to choose from. Dry town - alcohol is not sold on the island. Ocean City NJ. 1-800-BEACH-NJ.
5. Land of Make Believe - NJ’s premiere Family Amusement and Waterpark - slides and rides. Perfect day trip for the whole family. Wonderful water rides and dry rides for kids. Water level only goes up to 28”. 354 Great Meadows Road, Route 611, Hope NJ. 908-459-9000.
6. Seaside Heights - Named Ocean County’s favorite beach. Good clean Jersey Shore beach for families. Classic American Boardwalk with amusement games and rides. Exit 82 off the Garden State Parkway, Route 37, Seaside Heights NJ. 732-793-9100.
7. Turtle Back Zoo - Great mid size Essex County zoo with walkable pathways. Perfect for kids of all ages. So many animals to see. There is a Reptile House, Touch Tank, Essex Farm, small Aquarium and a petting area. For a small fee, ride their Special Endangered Species Carousel or saddle up for a Pony Ride. Amazing playground within the zoo with climbing areas and replica dinosaurs. 560 Northfield Ave, West Orange NJ. 973-731-5800.
8. Island Beach State Park - 10 miles of beautiful sandy beach on a barrier island. Families come here to swim in the Atlantic Ocean or hike on the Discovery Trails System. Lifeguards on duty 10AM-6PM. Good park for picnicking. Great fishing opportunities for all ages. Route 35, Seaside Park NJ. 732-793-0506.
9. Six Flags Great Adventure & Safari - Theme park with family rides and kids rides for younger children. Thrill rides for tweens and teenagers. Nightly block party with music and dancing featuring great characters, think Tweety and Sylvester. Great Adventure Safari - wonderful introduction to animal attractions such as giraffes, lions, tigers and bears as you drive through in your car. Observe how animals live in the “wild” of New Jersey. 1 Six Flags Blvd, Jackson NJ. 732-928-2000.
10. Hopatcong State Park - Family friendly park in Morris & Sussex counties. Lake Hopatcong has 2,500 acres of freshwater. Swimming with lifeguards 10AM-6PM. Also great for fishing and boating. 2 children’s playgrounds and 6 half basketball courts. 260 Lakeside Blvd, Landing NJ. 973-398-7010.Back To Top