In-Person Field Trips for Schools and Programs for the Public
The Buehler Challenger & Science Center is a non-profit educational facility catering to students of all ages. This fall we are offering many exciting in-person space-themed programs for both schools and the public. We are currently booking school field trips for students in Grades 1 & up. For the public, we are offering simulated space missions for grades 5 through adult. The Buehler Challenger & Science Center is also open for Birthday Parties and an after-school STEM enrichment program geared towards middle school students. Located at 400 Paramus Rd, Paramus NJ, visit www.bcsc.org for additional details.
At the Buehler Challenger & Science Center Masks are required. We are following all appropriate COVID-19 guidelines in accordance with the CDC and NJ Department of Health.
Some of Buehler Challenger & Science Center’s Safety Protocols include:• All staff have been trained to recognize symptoms of COVID-19.
• Each staff member and student will be checked each day for fever and other symptoms before entering the building. If any student (or staff) shows any signs of COVID-19 they will not be admitted to the building and sent home immediately. These inspections will be conducted by trained staff visually and by using approved medical equipment such as infra-red thermometers.
• Staff will be wearing face coverings (PPE) throughout the day when in the presence of students and other staff. In the event a student forgets his/her mask, an approved mask will be issued to him/her for that day.
• Maximum enrollment has been limited for each session in order to maintain proper social distancing while working on their projects and in the simulators. • We ask that all parents report any illnesses that may compromise the safety of other students and staff.
• Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the building so that students and staff can maintain safe hygiene.
• Simulators, equipment, and bathrooms will be sanitized throughout the day to maintain a safe environment for our students and staff.
• Cleaning services have been contracted so that the building will undergo a complete sanitization each night.
• The staff will be conscious of areas that are prone to congregation and be vigilant about disinfecting those sites after being used by staff and students.
• Visitors (non-students and staff) to the center will check in and out at an approved entry point and checked for symptoms of COVID-19. (Temperature check, visual inspection, and questioned)
• Proper protocol will be practiced if a student or staff shows any symptoms of COVID-19 during the activities.
• Our HVAC system has been properly inspected and approved.
• Signs are posted throughout the building encouraging students and staff to social distance, wash and sanitize hands, and wear face coverings. As you can see, we take all precautions very seriously and are concerned about the health and well-being of our students and staff.