Calling all Dads, Happy Father's Day!
June 17, 2018 is Father’s Day. Fathers can sometimes be taken for granted, but they deserve recognition too. It’s so easy to get caught up in the hustle of life with kids, you forget sometimes to say “you’re a great dad”. Small gestures that demonstrate your love and appreciation aren’t difficult to make. Thankfully, Father’s Day gives us a chance to make it happen. Although, love can be expressed on any given day. Here are some simple but brilliant ideas to let him know that fathers matter to your family. For more Father's Day events, visit our calendar.
Top Ideas to show Dad Some Love
- Relax with Dad and spend time with the family.
- Throw a family picnic in the backyard or at the park. Perhaps with baguette, some nice cheese, and fine wine.
- Fix (or attempt to fix) the one thing in the house that he wants done.
- Clean out or vacuum Dad's car and the car seats. Remove all of the kids' stuff stuck all over place. Don't forget to wash the exterior car as well.
- Give Dad a massage, go for foot, back for neck.
- Leave him a note that says you’re lucky to have him as the father of your children.
Top 16 Ideas Out Of the House and Out of the Box:
- Father’s Day Hike at Cora Hortshorn Arboretum “Fathers in the Forest” (June 17, 2018), or at one of many NJ State Parks.
- Take a Father’s Day excursion train ride at Whippany Railway, experience the historic rail lines with restored vintage locomotives (June 17, 2018).
- Challenge the family at the Youth Fishing Challenge statewide (June 9, 2018).
- Stroll the Jersey’s famous festivals and fairs (Lobsterfest is coming).
- For car loving dads, browse the classic car shows.
- Enjoy a summer concert series and bring blankets or chairs.
- For bird loving dads, join in a kid friendly bird walk at Duke Farms and bring binoculars! or go visit your nearest nature center.
- For food loving dads, don’t miss the food truck festivals. Or if you’re down south, the Wildwoods Restaurant Week.
- For thrill seeking dads, go see the racing pigs at the State Fair Meadowlands at MetLife Stadium. Then go on the heart pounding rides (Open Day Jun 21, 2018).
- For music loving dads, go to Asbury Park’s Jams on the Sand or head out to NYC for various music festivals and free concerts (June 21, 2018)
- For soccer loving dads, don’t miss the Cape Express Beach Blast Soccer played at Wildwood Beaches (June 23-24, 2018)
- For dads with fairy loving kids, fairy day at Frelinghuysen Arboretum (June 24, 2018). A day for fairies, magic and wishes to come true!
- For baseball loving dads, relax at a Somerset Patriots game or at any other local baseball game.
- For history loving dads, watch a movie aboard the Intrepid under the stars! (Free entry on June 29, 2018)
- The water circus is in town, catch Cirque Italia.
- Spending quality time at BounceU of Paramus (June 17, 2-3:45) Enjoy two giant bounce stadiums followed by a Father's Day meal. All Dads leave with a framed Photograph.