Happy Valentine's Day! Lot's of Valentine's Things to Do this Month!
It's the thought that counts -- and parents can show their kids how to celebrate Valentine’s Day. In this month's calendar and Valentine's Day Fun Things to Do section of www.njkidsonline.com, we have gathered some helpful ideas of fun things to do with your kids – indoor, outdoor, day trips and more. Whether it’s simply cutting out red hearts and pinning them up on the window, writing love poems and cards to each other, visiting valentine themed places or eating out at a fun restaurant, you can spend some valuable quality time with your loved ones. Some hints from our top list of things to do include attending the sweetheart events at some of the NJ Children’s Museums, family festivals sprinkled throughout NJ, a Take Your Son or Daughter day to the ski slopes, a Chocolate Festival, and a Cupid Costume Contest among some of the many special attractions. And for the winter break, how about visiting NYC attractions. Take your kids up to the Empire State Building and get half price tickets to see Broadway. Our website has plenty of sweet ideas. Don’t forget to tell your kids you love them. Lots of hugs and kisses! Visit www.njkidsonline.com.
Here are our Top Things to do this February Valentine’s MONTH!
- Sweetheart events throughout NJ Children’s Museums –There a superhero event on Feb 4th at Imagine That Children’s Museum. Feb 11th at 9:30 there’s a Valentine’s Day Breakfast with your Special Guy. Bring your favorite guy this Valentine's Day for a special one-on-one day. Celebrate the day starting with a bagel breakfast for two with your choice of juice or coffee. Create a Valentine's Day pillow craft to take home. … Don’t miss the sweetheart princess ball in Paramus’ Children’s Miuseum, Feb 10, 5:30-9pm. You are invited to come dine and dance the night away (in your fanciest ball attire) with your favorite Princesses. Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, Jasmine and Tiana will be in attendance.
- There’s a Magic Carpet Film Festival - Children’s Movies from Around the World at the Jersey Explorer Children’s Museum.
- If your kids like the circus, don’t miss Circus Science. Circus Science in collaboration with Ringling Bros & Barnum Bailey Circus is coming back to Newark Museum this Feb 11 and 12! Participate in hands-on activities, and discover the amazing science that makes circus performances famous. Balancing Clowns, Balloon Art, Face Painting, Paint with Centrifugal Force, Treasure Hunt, Try Tightrope/Trapeze Equipment, Learn Juggling Techniques, and Plate Spinning.
- If they like bubbles, go see Bubblemania! At Liberty Science Center Feb 18th! A high energy, artistic, science-rich program loaded with visual comedy, quick wit, big band swing music and the untamed, often unbelievable beauty of spherical liquids. Casey Carle’s creations grow from intricate and imaginative bubble art forms to “trapping” people inside bubbles! OR go see The Gazillion Bubble Show, off broadway in NYC.
- Chocolate yourself out at the Chocolate Festival at Morris Museum
- Try Candy Making with your kids! Lots of fun sweet recipes online. We found a Candy Making Camp @ Let's Play In Italian. Feb 11, 11am-12:30pm. Hands on no bake workshop for you and your child. We found out that they will be making fudge, candy and other great Valentine treats! 551 Pak Ave, Suite 6, Scotch Plains. letsplayinitalian.com
- Father and Son/Daughter days at the ski slopes. Snow days are here with more snow at the slopes. There are so many kid friendly mountains designed for tots, kids and families. From skiing to park terrains for tubing, you can enjoy an entire day or weekend getaway at these snow resorts, all within traveling distance from NJ. The best is sipping on that hot chocolate after a long day. See our snow links.
- Create cards and poems for each member of the family and don’t forget friends and teachers.
- Visit a new restaurant. We are collecting family friendly restaurants throughout NJ.
- Visit NYC! Within an hour, you are so close to a fantastic destination with a wide array of museums and historical sites to visit, not to mention Central Park’s zoo, playgrounds and trails. Go to the top of Empire State Building Conservatory with your sweethearts and take in a different perspective from up high. Go to ground zero and witness the rising of the Freedom Tower – It’s partially up and a great experience. Get some 50% off tickets to see Broadway Shows, so many shows to choose from. There’s also the Sony Wonder Technology Lab. See our things to do in NYC. Also Visit Our Family Shows Link and family getaways for more.
- Want to stay home and need a break, check out the mini holiday camps online. As we get more listings, we update this all the time.
- Valentine's Day Hot Chocolate Hike? Essex County Environmental Center is having one on Feb 11, 12-1:30pm. A fun-filled winter hike around the Environmental Center forest, sip hot cocoa, roast marshmallows, and enjoy a winter campfire with our loved ones. You must dress warmly. Go check out your own environment center for similar hikes and activities.
- Visit the malls for special Valentine's events. Have fun and don't forget to wear red!
MORE TO COME! Check out our Calendar of Events for daily, weekly and monthly postings!
Your friendly NJ Kids Team!