Create this summer and join Mason Gross School of the Arts’ vibrant, artistic community! Students K-12 have the opportunity to virtually explore a multitude of creative programs including art & design, film & animation, music, dance & theatre in connection with Rutgers Community Arts. With age appropriate curriculum and expert, remote instruction, all programs will be offered via Zoom this summer, with added safeguards including password protected access and active RCA-staff, monitoring and recording each session, to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience online.
Schedules and offerings vary depending on age and program, but most run on a weekly basis, throughout the summer, with full and half day options.
Creative opportunities this summer include:
● CHILDREN CAMPS: K-8 students are offered a variety of art & dance
● ART & DESIGN: 10-18 year old student learn to draw, pain & design
● DANCE: K-12 dancers receive virtual instruction from the conservatory’s faculty & alumni
● FILM & ANIMATION: 8-18 year old students learn the art of creating and developing memorable characters, storylines & animation
● MUSIC: all ages may partake in private classes, while students 14+ may register for the jazz institute and/or music theory & ear training bootcamps
● THEATRE: comprehensive conservatory courses for 10-12 year olds featuring onstage & camera acting, movement, singing and more
Virtual Summer Camp 2021:
All RCA summer programs are conducted via Zoom. Their faculty have spent a full year developing content and delivery methods specifically for online learning for both school-age learners and at the collegiate level. RCA has implemented a variety of safeguards to ensure adherence to the Rutgers Protection of Minors program:
- Single Zoom link for all program sessions, password protected
- Waiting rooms enabled in all sessions to ensure only those enrolled may enter
- RCA staff actively monitor each Zoom session daily
For further information on any of Rutgers Community Arts summer and year-long offerings, or to register, please contact them directly at: https://www.masongross.rutgers.edu/degrees-programs/community-arts/summer-programs or call 848-932-1500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com